Or So You Thought...
Remember when you were growing up, life appeared to be simple; not a care in the world did you have back then. For me, it was this: “when I grow up, I’m going to do this and that, etc.” or so you thought.
I bring up the past about our younger selves because as adults we get lost in the “I gotta have or do....” and it’s hardly ever a cliche for us to “stop and smell the roses.” Hurried along so much in this adult life that the most important is forgotten: you; or so you thought.
In writing, I take time to examine what is missing for me: my validation of myself. Everything always comes back around to number one. It is a total circle about number one. We see reflections of ourselves in others but don’t always look inward and reflect on what’s there, what’s wrong and what to do now from here?
This entry is one of many of my journey in life. The statement or phrase “or so you thought” just rattled in my head as I was thinking about my own inner being and what I need to change in my life. In accordance to my own understanding and acceptance of myself, or so you thought gives me a kick in the ass to get it together. It’s the change in the narrative for me.
Take better care of you.
Phenompiccoli
Copyright 2021
Comments
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a comment!