OPEN...MIND BODY SPIRIT
OPEN...MIND BODY SPIRIT
GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!Walking down the corridor to my office, I take a moment to reflect the new day. If only for a millisecond, I do my best to see what I can do better today than yesterday. I am doing something new for myself - constantly renewing my mind body and spirit on a daily basis. It is a welcomed challenge. This is a change in my current routine that I am not used to doing. Sure, you can be told by others about reflection or tell others to start a self reflection analysis, but to put it in daily practice personally is a challenge that is worthy of the opponent (myself).
Usually, as a human race, we don't take the time to look within ourselves because we are constantly on the go! Personally, I believe that we put everything and everyone else ahead of oneself. People, places, things and events attach themselves to our mind, body and spirit. We don't take the time to "wash off everything" properly. Now its time to change.
Today, at this very moment - it's cleansing time! On the flip side, we are called "selfish" if we even attempt to do something remotely refreshing for ourselves. Time is an important factor. Everything has to be now or of yesterday's importance! It's a race to the finish, but then I ask the question, once you "finish the race" then what's next? Everything is so instantaneous in this societal haven we call Earth that when you are considered "slow", it is looked upon as somewhat degrading and Third World. People, have we become that shallow? Unfortunately, I have to say yes we have indeed.
My point is this: although you have heard it before about "cleansing yourself" or OPEN UP YOUR MIND BODY AND SPIRIT, listen again but with action this time!! As you read, follow these simple steps:
Take a moment (or five) and take a deep breath and hold it for 3 seconds. Breathe in - inhale. Breathe out - exhale. And another. Another. Again. Slower this time... Slower...Continue doing this exercise 3 more times. Breathe in - breathe out.
It's so simplistic that it is mind boggling and your first reaction is to say NO! I say, SO, try it anyway. Make your mind a clear slate. Picture it! As you begin to clear your mind, your spirit begins a wash cycle. It's automatic. This may take (constant) practice so take the time to do it. There's no hurry and no rush. If necessary, come back to it. Believe me, its worth the consistent time and the effort. You will be glad you did.
Indeed family,
Phenom Piccoli
Comments
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a comment!